Here’s how syncing works. During a sync, your device compares the ‘last modified’ date of the server’s version of a recipe against the ‘last modified’ date of the same recipe on your device. The version with the most recent ‘last modified’ date wins. This means that if you edit a recipe on cheftap.com and then edit the same recipe on your device, the version of the recipe on your device will overwrite the edits made to that recipe on cheftap.com.
The things that update the ‘last modified’ date on a recipe are:
- Editing the text of the recipe
- Editing the title of a recipe
- Adding or removing pictures attached to a recipe
- Adding or removing a recipe from the Make list
- Adding or removing a recipe as a favorite
- Adding or removing tags on a recipe
If you’re unsure as to whether the version of a recipe is the latest version, make that recipe a favorite and then undo it, then sync.
Posted in: Syncing