You can import recipes from any recipe site or blog that is in English. Here are some tips:
- The recipes that clip the best are the ones that look like, well, recipes. That is, it works best if there is a list of ingredients and instructions. Recipes (like this one) that are more like stories, with a lot of conversational text, might not import as cleanly. You can still clip those recipes, but you may have to clean them up a bit.
- Make sure that the ingredients and steps are on the same page.
- If you find that your recipe is missing a lot of steps or ingredients, here are some things to try:
- If there is a print version of the recipe, try clipping that instead.
- If you are on a mobile site, see if you can find the same recipe on the desktop version of the site.
- If you are looking at a recipe that requires you to be signed in, ChefTap will not be able to clip it from a mobile browser. For security reasons, your browser will not share your login credentials with another app (and that’s a good thing). For ‘members only’ sites, use ChefTap’s in-app browser. To open the in-app browser, tap the green (+) button on the main recipe list.
Posted in: 01. Clipping Recipes