Sharing from a web browser
ChefTap is designed to accept links shared from web browsers like Chrome, Silk, Safari, and FireFox. If ChefTap doesn’t show up as an option when you try to share from your mobile browser, follow these instructions.
Android / Kindle Fire
You probably need to clear the “Launch by default” settings for your web browser. The process for clearing default apps is slightly different, but the process goes something like this:
- From the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen where the ‘Rotation’, ‘Brightness’, etc. buttons are and tap ‘Settings’.
- On the next screen, tap on ‘Applications’
- On the next screen, tap on ‘Manage All Applications’ or ‘Downloaded Apps’.
- You may see a list of all applications or just the ones you’ve installed. If you don’t see your web browser on the list, look for a dropdown menu at the top of the screen. It might say ‘Third-Party Applications’. Tap on it and choose ‘All Applications’.
- Find your web browser on the list and tap on it. On the web browser screen, look for the section labeled ‘Launch by default’ and tap the button that says “Clear defaults”. Make sure the button says “Clear defaults” and not clear anything-else.
- After the defaults are cleared, try clipping recipes again.
iOS – iPhone / iPad
While you are looking at a recipe in your browser:
- Tap the Share icon
- Select ChefTap from the apps that appear
- If you don’t see ChefTap, tap on the More icon (you may have to swipe left).
- Then,enable ChefTap from the list that appears.
Sharing from other apps
Sharing recipes from apps that are not web browsers may or may not work depending on how that app shares information. If ChefTap doesn’t show up as an option as an app to share to, then ChefTap doesn’t know how that app is sharing information. Since we cannot control how or if other apps share information, we can’t support sharing from non-browser apps.
Posted in: 01. Clipping Recipes