Please do email us if you have a site that doesn’t work well. Often, if we fix problems with one site, it results in better clipping from other sites. So, please let us know.
Before you contact us, you can try these tips:
- The recipes that clip the best are the ones that look like, well, recipes. That is, it works best if there is a list of ingredients and instructions. Recipes (like this one) that are more like stories, with a lot of conversational text, might not import as cleanly. You can still clip those recipes, but you may have to clean them up a bit.
- Make sure that the ingredients and steps are on the same page.
- If you find that your recipe is missing a lot of steps or ingredients, here are some things to try:
- If there is a print version of the recipe, try clipping that instead.
- If you are on a mobile site, see if you can find the same recipe on the desktop version of the site.
- If you are looking at a recipe that requires you to be signed in, ChefTap will not be able to clip it from a mobile browser. For security reasons, your browser will not share your login credentials with another app (and that’s a good thing). For ‘members only’ sites, use ChefTap’s in-app browser. To open the in-app browser, tap the green (+) button on the main recipe list.
Posted in: 01. Clipping Recipes