There are two ways to add your own recipes:
- Add them manually from your desktop.
- Add them manually in the app (Pro feature)
- Import them using the ChefTap Recipe Recognizer from your device (Android only)
From your desktop:
- Go to the recipe list.
- Click New at the top of the screen
- Type or copy/paste your recipe into the recipe form.
- Click Save.
Using ChefTap on your Android/iOS device (Pro feature)
- Go to the main recipe list
- Tap the green (+) button in the lower right of the screen
- Tap “Type or paste manually”
- Type or copy/paste your recipe into the recipe form and save.
Importing text files on your Android device:
- Save each of your recipes as a plain text (.txt) file. Don’t worry about having any special format — your recipes will be imported using the same artificial intelligence network that we use with some web sites.
- Attach your device to your computer. Copy your .txt files into the directory ChefTap/Import.
- Disconnect your device from your computer.
- Start ChefTap. ChefTap will try to import any .txt file that it finds in the ChefTap/Import directory. After each file is imported, it will be deleted, so make sure that you have a copy.
Posted in: 01. Clipping Recipes