As we finish testing the new web site and device syncing, we are making most Pro features available for free to anyone who would like to try it out. Here’s how it works:
- To use device syncing, you will need to be running Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or greater. First-generation Kindle Fires are not supported, because they run an older version of Android. If you have an older version of Android, you will be able to keep an older version of ChefTap that does not allow syncing.
- Keep in mind that we are still testing and working out bugs. You don’t have to join yet, but if you do, you’ll have early access to the new features.
- The first time you sync, ChefTap will back up your recipes onto your device. We recommend that you keep a copy of your backup file off of your device. After the backup completes, you can share the file to Dropbox, email, or any other app that lets you store data. You can also find the file on your device at ChefTap/Backup/ChefTapBak.zip.
- We are constantly fixing bugs, so please make sure that you keep your app up to date.
- While the beta trial is running, you will have access to most of the ChefTap Pro features. Here is a full description of the Pro features, which include:
- The ability to import as many recipes as your device can hold. After the beta trial, free accounts will be limited to 100 recipes.
- Unlimited syncing. When you sync, changes in one device are automatically pushed out to all devices.
- Ability to initiate syncs and imports from the desktop.
- You will see ads in the app during the beta trial unless you subscribe to a Pro account.
- After the beta trial is over, you will revert to a free account, with these features:
- You will be limited to 100 recipes. If you have already have more than 100 recipes, you can sync all of them with the website. However, you will not be able to import more without a ChefTap Pro subscription.
- You can sync with the website once a week. Changes to your web account are not pushed out to all of your devices.
We’ve been working very hard on the website and device syncing, and we are very excited for everyone to be using the new features.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.